I just got my hands on Verizon’s Motorola Devour today, and this is a quick video of me removing it from the packaging and powering it up. I haven’t had a lot of time with the phone, but I did get a chance to setup my default accounts, install a couple of apps, fire up the browser, and snap a couple of low-light pics (posted below) since the wifey and I went out for drinks this evening. Impressions and pictures are available after the jump.
- I’m diggin the Devour’s build, real solid and heavy
- Sliding keyboard feels official, not cheap and flimsy
- MOTOBLUR is a decent skin, but I like HTC’s Sense better
- Devour is a faster device than I expected
- Web browser is solid, but Flash support is spotty (some embedded content plays, but embedded youtube videos don’t show up)
- I like the keyboard a lot, even though the alignment is a little different
- Motorola needs to step up their camera